The positive effects of sport on the body are a proven fact. Physical and mental improvements have been demonstrated in numerous studies. What is not as well known, or perhaps not as recommended, is the practice of physical exercise to complement or enhance the effects of aesthetic treatments.
With aesthetic treatments we seek to improve our appearance and self-confidence. With sports, as if we were talking about another treatment, we can maximize and prolong the results obtained through these procedures.
Regular exercise not only benefits our overall health, but is also an invaluable ally in enhancing the effects of aesthetic treatments and maintaining long-term results. Therefore, we will now delve into the benefits of sport after aesthetic treatments.
The importance of sports after aesthetic treatments
Aesthetic treatments offer remarkable and satisfactory results, but to maintain them in the long term, it is essential to adopt a comprehensive approach that includes exercise and physical activity in the daily routine. You could let the treatment work for as long as it should, but why not prolong the results at no cost? Even some cosmetic treatments, such as liposuction, can be negatively affected by subsequent weight gain, underscoring the importance of regular exercise to maintain a balanced and healthy figure.
In addition, some facial rejuvenation procedures, such as Botox or hyaluronic acid, may last longer and be more effective on well-maintained and toned skin. Sport, by improving circulation and nutrient flow, can help prolong the durability of these treatments and reduce the risk of future interventions.
Benefits of sport
- When we do sport, whatever it is, we stimulate blood circulation throughout the body, which increases the supply of nutrients and oxygen to the skin cells and treated tissues. This improved circulation helps to accelerate cell regeneration and the elimination of toxins, which contributes to a faster and more effective recovery after aesthetic treatments.
- Exercise stimulates the release of hormones and growth factors in the body. Some of these substances, such as insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1), are related to the production of collagen and elastin.
- It also serves as a powerful tool to reduce stress and anxiety levels, which can have a positive impact on the durability of aesthetic results. Less stress means less release of hormones that affect the health of the skin and hair, helping to maintain their healthy appearance.
- Many aesthetic treatments aim to improve the appearance of the skin and reduce sagging. Exercise, especially resistance exercise and weight training, strengthens and tones muscles, which can help enhance the effects of such treatments.
- Cardiovascular exercise and high-intensity workouts are effective for burning fat and maintaining a healthy weight. While aesthetic treatments can help reduce localized fat deposits, regular exercise is key to preventing future fat accumulation and maintaining the results achieved.
Which sports are the best after aesthetic treatments?
When choosing the best physical exercises to enhance or maintain the effects of aesthetic treatments, we must evaluate what benefits each one offers and how these can be aligned with the aesthetic treatment objectives. For this reason, we have selected these four exercises:
- Weight lifting helps to strengthen and tone muscles. When combined with fat reduction or cellulite removal treatments, these exercises can help tone muscles and improve the overall appearance of the treated skin and tissues. Toned muscles can give a firmer and more defined appearance to the body, complementing the effects of certain aesthetic treatments.
- Cardiovascular exercises: running, swimming, cycling or any other cardio exercises are excellent for burning calories and fat. Incorporating cardiovascular exercise into the exercise routine after body contouring or localized fat removal treatments can help maintain the weight and results achieved. In addition, these exercises improve cardiovascular health and contribute to better blood circulation, which can benefit the appearance of the skin.
- Yoga and Pilates: these disciplines help improve flexibility, balance and posture. These exercises can complement the results of facial and body aesthetic procedures, as good posture can enhance the appearance of the figure and help maintain a rejuvenated appearance. In addition, yoga and Pilates are low-impact exercises that can be beneficial for those seeking a gentler form of exercise.
- Water sports: swimming and aqua aerobics are ideal for toning muscles, improving circulation and reducing fluid retention. These exercises can be especially effective in complementing aesthetic treatments in areas such as the legs and buttocks, as the water provides additional resistance that helps strengthen the muscles. In addition, water sports can help reduce fluid retention and improve the overall appearance of the skin.
Beyond the benefits that sport offers to prolong the effects of aesthetic treatments, physical exercise should always be part of our routine. It is not necessary to spend a lot of time per day, only that it be regular. People who do not engage in any type of physical activity on a regular basis may experience negative effects on their physical and mental health. Increased loss of muscle mass, increased risk of cardiovascular disease, loss of bone mass and sedentary lifestyles are associated with weight gain, stress and anxiety.
Combining quality medical-aesthetic treatments with a regular exercise routine and a balanced diet is the key to achieving and maintaining a shapely figure and a rejuvenated appearance. However, before starting any sport, always consult with a medical professional to ensure that it is safe and appropriate for your individual needs and compatible with treatment.