What is elasticity?
Connective tissue, located in the dermis, is responsible for skin elasticity.
When the body is young, the skin recovers its position without problems, but with the passage of time, this property is lost.
Why is skin elasticity lost?
As the body ages and passes the age of 30, it begins to produce less collagen and elastin, so the skin loses its properties and shape.
Collagen and elastin deficiency leads to reduced skin firmness, flaccidity and the first wrinkles.
Although the lack of these two organic elements is enough to lose elasticity, there are external factors that can accelerate the process:
- Sun exposure: the sun’s rays degrade skin cells and accelerate the aging process.
- Pollution: continuous exposure to pollution caused by traffic, smoke and even tobacco affect the health of our skin.
- Food: our eating habits affect our body much more than we think. Junk food, processed, fried and fatty foods cause accelerated aging of our cells.
How to prevent loss of elasticity?
Fortunately, external factors that affect the skin, and thus its structure, can be controlled or at least softened.
Thus, to prevent the loss of elasticity, simply try to avoid those factors that accelerate the aging process and take care of the skin, along with:
- Foods rich in antioxidants: fruits, vegetables, nuts… Including these foods in our diet allows us to help our body to delay aging. It is not necessary to consume large doses of these foods, simply include them in a balanced diet.
- Care routine and treatments: in addition to a daily care routine that includes active ingredients that enhance the creation of elastin and collagen, there is currently a wide variety of non-invasive aesthetic treatments that can rejuvenate the skin, increase elasticity, firmness and tone.
It can be done with electroporation, radiofrequency and all those treatments that allow the filling of the dermis.
- Moisturizing: Moisturizing is very important for the skin. Not only topically but also internally. It is necessary to drink the recommended daily dose of water and moisturize the skin every day to repair and protect it.